Equine Retracted Sole, Cowgirl In The Kitchen BBQ for July 20, 2022 by State Line Tack
Award winning author Lisa Wysocky co-hosts today’s show. We chat with farrier Steve Kraus about retracted sole and what it means for a horse afflicted with it. Jill Stanford, Cowgirl In The Kitchen, shares her recipe for Pineapple BBQ sauce.
HORSES IN THE MORNING Episode 2977 – Show Notes and Links:
- Link for the visually impaired – Click Here
- The HORSES IN THE MORNING Crew: Glenn the Geek: co-host, executive in charge of comic relief, Jamie Jennings: co-host, director of wacky equestrian adventures, Coach Jenn: producer, Chaos Control Officer.
- Guest Co-Host: Lisa Wysocky
- Title Sponsor: State Line Tack
- Image Credit: Lisa Wysocky
- Guest: Steve Kraus, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Guest: Jill Charlotte Stanford, Cowgirl In The Kitchen
- Link: Straight by Dick Francis
- There’s an App for that! Download our FREE new Horse Radio Network App for iPhone and Android
- Follow Horse Radio Network on Twitter
- Additional support for this podcast provided by: Daily Dose Equine and Listeners Like You
Pineapple BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup whiskey and our choice is Pendleton!
- 1/2 cup black strap molasses
- 1/2 cup of crushed pineapple drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Pour all the ingredients into a medium saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes until the sauce is thick and reduced by about a half.
- Seal in a container – this will keep in your ‘fridge for up to a week.
Makes about 3 cups