LiveEQ, West Nile Virus, Holiday Recipes for November 15, 2023
Anne Hawkins tells us all about the LiveEQ app and Dr. Kristi Gran tells us the story of Marvin and his battle with West Nile Virus. Plus, Ashley shares her Crescent Roll Baked Brie recipe. Listen in…
HORSES IN THE MORNING Episode 3307 – Show Notes and Links:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- The HORSES IN THE MORNING Crew: Glenn the Geek, Jamie Jennings, produced by Coach Jenn
- Guest: Anne Hawkins
- Guest: Dr. Kristi Gran | Facebook
- Follow Horse Radio Network on Twitter
- Additional support for this podcast provided by Daily Dose Equine, State Line Tack, and Listeners Like You!
05:20 – Daily Whinnies
14:50 – Anne with LiveEQ
25:30 – Dr. Kristi Gran
38:00 – Recipe Crescent Roll Baked Brie
CRESCENT ROLL BAKED BRIE
I like to shape it like a gift and make a bow with the dough, you can get creative!
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- Strawberry jam
- 6 ounces brie
- Wheat crackers, grapes & sliced apples
- Preheat oven according to crescent roll package instructions. Unroll dough onto a baking sheet or cooking stone and form a rectangle, crimping perforated sections together.
- Spread jam across dough in an even layer. Place brie into certain of dough and fold sides to form a seal around cheese.
- Bake according to package instructions. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with grapes, whole wheat crackers and sliced apples.
Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
- 4-6 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into ½ inch thick rounds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the baking dish
- ½ cup bourbon of choice
- 2 tablespoons sorghum or maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Butter an ovenproof gratin or casserole dish
- Arrange the sweet potato slices in the baking dish and season generously with salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan combine the sugar, butter, bourbon, and syrup and bring the mixture to a boil – as soon as it boils pour over sweet potatoes.
- Bake, turning sweet potatoes and spooning liquid over the top occasionally, until tender – 45 – 60 minutes. Season to taste.