Northwest Carriage Museum and Peanut Brittle for Dec 19, 2022 by World Equestrian Center
HORSES IN THE MORNING Episode 3082 – Show Notes and Links:
- Link for sight impaired – Click Here
- The HORSES IN THE MORNING Crew: Glenn the Geek: co-host, executive in charge of comic relief, Jamie Jennings: co-host, director of wacky equestrian adventures, Coach Jenn: producer, Chaos Control Officer.
- Title Sponsor: World Equestrian Center
- Featured Image: Herd & Co. Markets
- Guest: Debbie Payne
- Guest: Jerry Bowman, Northwest Carriage Museum | Facebook
- Link: World Equestrian Center Magazine
- There’s an App for that! Download the new FREE Horse Radio Network App for iPhone and Android
- Follow Horse Radio Network on Twitter
- Additional support for this podcast provided by Listeners Like You!
07:10 – Daily Whinnies
15:02 – Debbie’s Recipe
27:50 – Jerry Bowman
Microwave Peanut Brittle
Times are for a 1000/1250 watt watt microwave oven.
Have ingredients measured out in advance.
1.5 qt casserole dish sprayed lightly w/ cooking spray and generously buttered cookie sheet.
- 1c sugar
- 1/2 c white corn syrup
- 1 c raw peanuts
- 1 tsp butter, not margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla – real
- 1 tsp baking soda
In casserole dish:
- stir together sugar & syrup
- nuke 3 min / 2:30 leave in oven
- stir in peanuts
- nuke nuke 3 min / 2:40 leave in oven
- add butter & vanilla stir well
- nuke 1m 20 sec / 1m
- peanuts will be lightly browned & syrup very HOT
- carefully move to counter
- GENTLY stir in the soda until light and foamy
- pour and scrape mixture onto buttered cookie sheet
- leave thick as poured or spread thin
- cool at least 1 hr, break into pieces
- store in airtight container