Mustang Episode for July 6, 2021: Ketterhagen Sweeps Kentucky Extreme Mustang Makeover
We’ll also hear from Extreme Mustang Makeover judge and competitor, Nate Eicher. Nate will share what it is like to judge an event like the Extreme Mustang Makeover, what he looks for in a horse with 100 days of training, and more.
HORSES IN THE MORNING Episode 2718 – Show Notes and Links:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Your Hosts: Michelle Bonds, Director of Marketing, and Alex Kappert, Executive Director of the Mustang Heritage Foundation
- Picture: Katie Ketterhagen and Nate Eicher
- Title Sponsor: Mustang Heritage Foundation
- Guest: Katie Ketterhagen, Katie has been training and showing horses since her early teens, and fell in love with the American Mustang after competing in her first Extreme Mustang Makeover in Madison Wisconsin in 2012. She has since placed in the Top Ten 8 times, including winning Champion and Fan Favorite at the 2016 Ft Worth EMM. Katie is a full-time horse trainer along side her fiancé, Craig Moore. Together they start colts and fix problems in horses of all breeds and disciplines, but especially take pride in training mustangs.
- Guest: Nate Eicher, Nate is a four-time Extreme Mustang Makeover Champion and Reserve Championship. He has shown in reining, cutting, roping, and obstacle challenges. He specializes in putting a solid foundation on horses at his ranch in Texas. Nate has judged numerous events, including ranch horse shows, the Las Vegas and Texas TIP challenges, and Open Shows. He wishes all the best to each and everyone participating.
- There’s an App for that! Check out the new Horse Radio Network app for iPhone and Android
- Follow Horse Radio Network on Twitter or follow Horses In The Morning on Facebook
- Additional support for this podcast provided by Mustang Heritage Foundation